Monday, July 21, 2014

If video killed the radio star...then texting has killed the relationship

Gone are the days of the cute phone calls... Hasta la vista to the quick "just thinking about you" voicemails... sayonara to the feeling you get when you see his name show up on the caller i.d. because now thanks to this little concept called texting...texting has become the new talking

Now that pretty smile that he flashed you when you two first met has become: :)
His cute funny little laugh has now become: LMAO
And his slight stutter when he would get frustrated and upset have become:

No that is no typo...frustrated or upset gets you no response...

Which in turn gets the two of you nowhere

Now don't misunderstand, the occasional text is inevitable, you're in a meeting...text. You're in a noisy location...text. You're at the gym...text. You're at the movies...wait who are you at the movies with?!?!
But seriously relying solely on text messaging to establish, continue or terminate a relationship is just bad business.

The way I see it, and again this is just my personal beliefs on the matter, but if your daily schedule is so full and every little minute of your day has been booked that my only option is a text message. Please just don't even bother. Fact of the matter is that we probably won't be compatible anyways. I have always been a lady who loves to hear a man's voice, I love to hear him laugh and to see what kind of quick wit I am working with. I like the idea that you took the time to call me and you are just as excited to hear my voice as I am to hear yours. There is nothing more to that random "whatcha doing" text than just letters on a screen that I can assure you been typed before, which ultimately got the other guy nowhere. So where do you think it will get you?

But then again this is just IMO... TTYL :/

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you see it the way we old mf'ers do! It has been annoying to see all the hotties more concerned with their phone than what is right in front of them...Curt

    ReplyDelete